Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yet another week ends

Saw the opera "Madam Butterfly" running for a limited edition at the London Coliseum. I have no idea how people shell out 70 quid for that! It was nothing but a pathetic Hindi film storyline that could be wrapped in 5 min, spread over 3 hours. It was visually spectacular and everything, and quite modern in presentation, but at the end I am glad I was paying only 10 quid, thanks to Manny arranging a staff rate. Overall, I liked the dramatic end, but the romance was nothing but a big yawn.

Tomorrow is going to be a hectic day before big day Monday, when I should get my schengen stamped! Finally, after 10 months of being in this country, it's a shame I hadn't got it done till now.

Pass by...

When the waking eyes are dreamless,
when the sunset came too soon,
you search inside for feelings,
you used them as festoon.

The calm inside is scary,
you like it being alone,
The calm inside is precious,
your heart and mind atone.

The days are passing by us,
the seasons flowing by,
we may or may not live our dreams,
we certainly bid goodbye.

4 comments:

Mayank said...

I m not able to get..what's that eating u inside..i mean...what's that you want to do/achieve/or whatever but not able to get it...i mean...from recent posts...i get the feeling tht u feel caged?

Wish..i get the idea whts goin on? or can explain me...

Surrendered Emotions said...

i just love the last paragraph ... so heartbreaking! sigh ...

Anonymous said...

I think that is something i am also rather keen on finding out.

'caged'....eh?

Don't really think its a feeling of being entrapped....hopefully its just loneliness....

rahul said...

Nothing eating me... it was just written in a mellow mood...
And yes, we all are caged, some in material cages and some in our freedom.