Monday, January 07, 2008

Bored in pain

Subah hoti hai shaam hoti hai,
zindagi yun hee tamaam hoti hai...

My knee hurts, but thankfully I get the feeling it will heal in 3-4 days. Yesterday the pain brought with it a lot of negative thoughts. But I think I tackled them well with reason. For every reason to bring myself down and depressed, I could pull out two to make me feel good and cheerful. Even in pain.
Now I remember trying to do a little shake-n-twist as I put on the music today on returning from office, and I smile and wince at the same time, the pain was there, is still there, but I am not afraid.
Yes, I was afraid yesterday. That makes you weak. One has to be stronger, I have to be stronger, definitely.
That said, my whole week is definitely ruined. I am not viewing any more flats tomorrow and would also not be going to the group on Wednesday. I haven't been to the group for three months now, its just that all these first wednesdays, I've been busy in something.
In a way, I am glad I got hurt after a long time. The body must know of its capability to function even in pain. To hop in cold wind for thirty minutes, knowing it will eventually reach home and get the rest it deserves.
In a way, if this does happen, we become creatures used to so much comfort that pain in our body becomes an alien phenomenon, which we aren't ready to face, let alone endure.
Now a couple of days, the pain doesn't bother me that much. I know it's taking its time. And I can go back to the usual office, cooking, TV/book/internet routine taking it in my stride, limping and hopping, back to the daily cycle of mornings and evenings, mornings and evenings...

1 comment:

Surrendered Emotions said...

thats so true - illness sure makes on weak in body and mind!