Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Lost Boy

Got a comment that my posts are dead boring nowadays. Now Mr. M, leave this comment on the post rather than trying to make my gung-ho post a post every-so-often morale nose-dive over the phone. I am quite sure the number of readers here does not exceed my lucky number of 4 anyway.

Saw Priscilla - Queen of the desert and Juno today, nice ones both. Saw the Australian outback for the first time in a film I think, and both films had their funny moments.

Finished Anita Desai's novel as well. She made the character of the German Jew in Bombay so real, that I felt like a personal loss at the end of the novel when he died. "Pish-pash", a word I remember from the novel. A dish. It describes some of our lives quite well, I thought. Pish-pash, a mix of everything, and mostly nothing.
Its been weird, the last few weeks, months. Everything is a "maybe", desires are blurred and confusing and emotions are full-on high drama-gear, laughter, smiles, tears, misery, come and go with such furious intensity and rapid frequency, that things feel like a mess sometimes, again, Pish-pash. Exercising control over all this looks a complete necessity, yet feels unnatural.

So, it does finally make sense to me to look inside my spiritual self, as Anu has asked me so often to do. And, so I will. I feel an unusually shaky starter though, surprisingly, in terms of not knowing what to do, where to begin, with these doubts being larger than when I have started on other new paths. But then so is the search itself.

If only only 20% of my thoughts entered my mind at a time rather than the clutter that exists in it, I would have been much better off.

4 comments:

Mayank said...

hmm... waise mujhe woh line samajh nahin aayee...:)

fir bhi...leaving a comment. ;)

btw....Lost boy...dnt be get lost for so long....better found urself sooon....:)

Surrendered Emotions said...

Thats so true ... its very important to have a spiritual pole to hold on to ... it grounds you ... and surrender is all it needs :p

Contradictions of the Heart and Mind said...

Whoever thinks your blogs are boring is quite nuts.... well i think you write so well and it has left me with a smile and i can relate to the feelings and sights and sounds you see and describe ... you do write well and who knows we would soon have mr aarbee publishing his book and winning the booker prize .... sounds great ...

rahul said...

hehehe.. u r nuts sweet Rohan!