Friday, January 04, 2008

Year gone-by

Well last year deserves at least a post on itself doesn’t it?
Life was certainly less exciting this year than 2006.
The first two months were spent waiting for the UK project to happen, mixed with lots of confusion about other roles and positions in Noida / NY. I am quite ridiculous when it comes to making any kind of choice on my own, though this year I have tremendously improved on this front. Well the Merrill project happened, and March was spent preparing to get here.

The next nine months were on expected lines work-wise. I enjoyed the fact that the work was not entirely boring and hardly ever hectic. I hardly made any friends at work, continuing the trend that started in Noida. It is in strong contrast to Amsoft and HP, where I forged quite strong friendship that seem to last the test of time. There are two factors I attribute to this – The close friendships from these two previous employers are more because these people have come into the inner personal sphere of my life, and know me to a greater extent than the outside world. And also, it is plain simple harder to make friends as you grow in the company; everyone turns into a boring married person or hideous conniving person, many a times both.

I stayed clear of all “freshie” Indians like myself at work. Well I would admit I tried to make an effort to get along and plan weekends together at start, but gave up once I found myself utterly bored and frustrated in their company.

Also gave a thought to getting a certification or getting some massive reading going to get to really become the expert in my area I should be, but that just remained a thought. If one gets super appraisals just by doing what I do, then where is the need to put in an extra effort? I still might go for a certification after all, keeping with my penchant for securing a bright future.

Well lets just keep this post for my worklife this year then shall we... how utterly boring.
More in the next one, ya there should be a next one within this year.

No comments: