Saturday, January 26, 2008

Failing to achieve

Got some new books today, about politics, meditation, science/psychoanalysis and german :-) No more Indian authors this time...
Kept talking to Anu for more than a couple of hours, and also at home and now its evening already!
Get this feeling I haven't "achieved" what I wanted to... which mainly was some sick work I have to do as part of the "knowledge-building" activities my company encourages us to participate in. Boring Bull-shit.
The knee still hurts. But told folks at home today that it is all fine now, esp since mom goes into this high-pitch lament of how I have gone so far away and that she is unable to help me and comfort me, and that it gives her loads of mental tension thinking about all this. So no more problems discussed from now on, no more mental tension.
Haven't been able to make my mind about shifting out scenario as well. Saw Manny's flat and its location is really quite good. 4 min walk from London eye and South bank! You can't ask for a better location really. Then why didnt I say yes to him, well for one the amount exceeds my maximum budget by 22% and super maximum budget by 12%. And I didnt fall in love with the apartment - no balcony/garden, super tiny kitchen smelling of sea-food. I am still confused, waiting for the best choice to make itself obvious to me miraculously.
The 2 glasses of tempranillo have worked like a charm.
Time to go - clean the room, "achieve".

5 comments:

Mayank said...

hmm....u already achieved so many things in life... :) i guess one can think abt them when this-sot-of feeling surround u tht u hvnt achieve...(even if cleaning room or reading books).

btw...change ur perfume...u will see affect in ur speed of achievement :)

rahul said...

change my perfume??
what achievement are you talking about?? lol

Surrendered Emotions said...

yeah - falling in love with the place you live in - is quite essential!

rahul said...

Or you can have arranged marriage to the place you live in and hope to fall in love after a few weeks

Surrendered Emotions said...

lol ... that seems a good arrangement too ... as long as it works!