Saturday, January 05, 2008

Year gone-by (II)

Had a nice day first looking up flats to rent with V and then gossiping over lunch (that I prepared), and now sipping some wine listening to music, and jotting this down as an episode of heroes loads in the background so I can watch it.
Heroes, I don't particularly like it now having seen about 7 episodes already. It has all its twists and turns and complexities that keep you engrossed but somehow it is just another american soap, despite not being a soap at all, if you know what i mean.
Anyway, what else did I do last year. Oh yes, made new friends. That is, in London, of course. I was new in London, so I had to make friends, and I did. And now am glad I have a sort of social circle in London. But I am spending more and more time with myself, and happily so. I do get the "lonely" feeling at times, but that's part of it because I choose to spend time with myself. Watching movies I like, running on the schedule I want, doing as I please etc etc
My interactions with Anu are also maturing, as is our relationship, although quite slowly. Both he and I know that there are loads of things we just have to accept and take into our stride, and we are learning it is possible to do that. It is again a part of choosing my actions and agreeing to be responsible for them, which includes my partner and my respect, love and care for him, taking into consideration the situation that is out of my control. But as always, I found it is never going to be easy for us, and maybe that's the fun of it all.
I travelled this year, but not as much as I would have liked to. Visited Jaisalmer in feb and that was a good one, with elaborate descriptions on this blog. From London, Anu and I visited Scotland and Wales and Brighton and Southend. I still want to visit more beaches and the lake district but that's gonna happen in the summer. We had an amazing time in Wales and Brighton, and this year I am sure gonna travel much more. Bavaria, here we come, in feb end!

No comments: