Monday, January 14, 2008

Sitting at Home

I was watching Heroes all day yesterday. It is such a wasteful activity, but yet it is addictive. I decided not to resist the urge to watch episode after episode and finished the first season. Now, I can have a breather, and move on to other things (No, not the next season). Well, not the next season because the climax of the first was such a big let down, that if asked what was wrong with it, I wouldn't know where to start. Something that started dramatically, and had its brilliant edge-of-the-seat moments, huffed and puffed to a grinding halt in the finale.

Then, had a bout of the oh-what-is-my-life-supposed-to-be and oh-what-i-am-doing-with-it syndromes, but managed to lose it as soon as it started to get troublesome. There are things to do, and figuring out what are those that I really need to do is the first of them. But worrying about it should be definitely off the list. The starting point for me is to realise that I am OK as is. Even if there is no creativity, no material goal to achieve in mind, no definite plan of action, it is still the way it is. Perhaps it is much closer to the state of happiness than a life full of achievement and desires to carry the flag of achievement till you reach your death bed. And then, doing what I want to do, conquering laziness but building contentedness. Gosh, that’s a f***ing tough balance to achieve!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

conquering laziness but building contentedness - tell that to RT ... she has been falling into the former trap deeper and deeper ! sigh ...

Tess said...

This so totally sums up what I feel, but how are you going about this idyllic goal? Please to share pointers :)

rahul said...

For starts, believing there is no perfect decision, and you cannot control your life to go in the perfectly right direction always.
Losing grip over this constant worry gives me a chance to do other things on my diary, without worrying if they will turn out perfect from day 1.
O yes, and remembering to put things in the diary... not just hanging around in my mind