Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rains

The past three evenings, the bangalore rains have been quite awesome. I have been drenched twice, and quite enjoyed it.
Yesterday I just stood outside on my balcony, feeling the strong gusts of wind spray water on my face. The rain enhances my senses quite nicely, and the aroma of wet earth and the cool breeze is enough to take away my blues and make me feel good, romantic, eager and hungry! :)
My fav thing while its raining is NOT to go outside and get drenched! I'd rather stand at the door/window watching the trees sway sensously, and the shadows of faraway lights glimmer on the wet roads, tempted to run out but resisting the invitation of the cool wind and water on my face, hair and chest. And then it puts in every wild thought possible in my mind...
A hot cuppa tea is great company while I enjoy the rain in solitude. And yes, when at home with mom, the family gorges on plenty of spicy pakoras.
Rains are bliss in more ways than one.

5 comments:

Mayank said...

Whilr reading ur post, only one song came into my mind..
"tip tip barsa paani..paani ne aag lagaayee..."

Now pls dont start dancing like Raveena.. in our balcony

rahul said...

and why not? ;)

Anonymous said...

Rains wanna make you stay alone. Nobody else together needed. My window greets rain the same way your balcony does. I sit on my bed, and rain literally sprays itself into my room. At that moment, I dont wanna do anything else, but snuggle up into my blanket and think about myself.

rahul said...

Well, they may wanna make you want to really not stay alone. What did you think I meant by "wild thoughts"? :-)

RDD said...

Well.. Like you told me.. My coffee analogy was 'dry'.. So I guess.. I would really wanna stay alone..