Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Daily Grind

So whats been happening? Let us see. Finished the Great Train Robbery yesterday, liked it and wanted so much to be Edward Pierce, the inimitable genius crook who lives for the thrill of living itself. Have yet again failed to put all the free time available to "good" i.e. career-oriented use. Haven't been that callous though, and whatever I have been upto, I have been gathering a quiet confidence. Only I hope that it is not shallow and completely unfounded later.
There isn't much physical activity as well, on whichever fronts it may be possible to have it. That isn't too great a concern either, since I have consciously made up my mind to keep in shape as the years catch up (wrote this at the cost of sounding a 50 year old, nonetheless) , and I would catch up on gym or similar activities to that effect.
Bangalore is evoking mixed responses nowadays, now that I have gotten used to the beats and the rythms of the city. Weekday mornings are usually glorious (Cool Summer Sunshine!!) and I like the drive to my office despite all the traffic, especially the later stretch of broad roads and lush greenery near the city's central districts. There, it is almost Delhi with all the heat, dust and grime done away with.
Office is predictable and boring, but comfortable. It is all fine, only that if some good work doesn't come my way for long, I may lose my precious sanity and would then have to be deported to Nimhans, the asylum. Not a promising thought indeed.
Then there are the evenings, unexciting and predictable, amiable yet uninspiring at times.
Weekends are good though, especially if they are chalk-a-block full of planned activity even before you begin them.
Shouldn't there be more to life than just this? A higher meaning, for a greater good? Well, for the moment, its lunchtime and I'm hungry.

No comments: