Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Expectations

Everyone has them, i do too. Not wet dreams... expectations. I sleep at night advising myself, sometimes even counselling, but mostly just patting softly on the shoulder when the tears refuse to dry up.

Isn't this just perfect! You have a lover. Someone, somewhere thinks about you most of the time. You should be able to avail the comforts of a "conventional" life, at the same time compartmentalizing your "true" love to another zone of your existence. It is perfect! It has been done before, tried and tested, by none other than your lover.

What future do you want to run after then? "Give me an instance where something like this might succeed". I can't, i don't know. Then why don't my expectations take cue, and die down a calm, unhurried death. Why do they rise, cavort unashamedly in the deep recesses of my thoughts, and never fail to surface when i least like their company.

The tumultous emotional phase that I am going through may appear most romantic to a love-lorn soul from the outside, and I am not particularly thankless either for the feelings that were yet unknown... for a longing unparalleled by any other yet. But simplicity in life is a bliss too, one must enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: