Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yo 2008!

2008 ends in a few hours. In a happy way this year.

Doing the same thing this time as last year, dancing by myself to loud dance music at home. But there is a difference, this time there is a waft of mixed cooking smells coming from the kitchen, where Anu conjures up some of his speciality cuisine.
The plan is the same too. Go to the river to see the fireworks. Only it's going to be the two (or more actually) of us this time. And I live a five minute walk from the action now! And it's probably a few notches colder than last year this time around. brrr...

As I realise that it's midnight in iNDIA, I think of friends and how it'd have been had I been partying with them. And of mom and dad, and how it'd be if it was a usual new year at home spent in front of the TV eating loads of lovely food! And I pray everyone is happy and enjoying themselves to the fullest.

It was a mixed kind of year, as most years are. Fun and sorrow, steal and borrow.. loved the travel, loved the love; hated the uncertainty, hated the anger.
Expecting more of the same and lot much more next year. Back to the dancing now. Woo!

No comments: