Thursday, March 13, 2008

Changing times

I thought this post had been accidently deleted, but it was sitting pretty in drafts... from 11 days ago...

"Us" time over, "me" time begins.
For the next 6 weeks, I will have a lot of time on hand to do things like writing regularly on this blog, pursuing hobbies, fitness regimes, socials, cooking blah blah blah. And then it will be "us" time again and all these things will quickly go on the back burner.
It is pretty obvious that I value the "us" time more than the "me" time, as I willingly decide against or simply forget to do simple things like check my gmail frequently or write a travelogue entry.
Although, had we been staying together all the time, I would have had found a balance between these us, me, you, I times more naturally (at least that's what I hope). But now, these come and go in phases, half the time we end up getting so much "me" time (now whether we do anything productive out of it is another question altogether) that when we do get the "us" time going, we just shut other things out.
Having said that, my eternal balancing act tendency drives me to a very large extent to bring more of the mix of our own times with the times spent doing things separately, but yes its difficult.

1 comment:

Surrendered Emotions said...

Finding a balance is such a difficult task ... time just swirls by and it becomes so difficult to find time for anything at all!