Sunday, January 14, 2007

What next?

This year I look forward to travelling. I want to make this year the most "active" for me ever. Not that last year was not active too, I had an amazing amount of things happening at both personal and professional fronts, and I went through all emotions and thoughts swaying from one end of the spectrum to the other, as also travelled places and made friends. So this year I want to carry it further by doing things I have wanted to, and not just sit and keep thinking about them.
My parents still hold their observant silence about the whole thing, and though every now and then they keep giving an indication that they are not going to "let things be" so easily, they accept more about me and my behaviour every single day, and I fell less pressurized and obligated.
So one of the things in the agenda is to call a friend, and then maybe a group of friends, over at home for dinner/movie. I have been so wanting to do something like that ever since I shifted back home, and it will also help me gauge the reaction of my folks.
But the most important thing that I have decided to undertake with my own life is to lessen ambiguity. To understand and accept situations and people around me, and my interactions with them, and to actually behave accordingly. To check my innate, or maybe conditioned, desire of being nice and thus being liked by everyone, if I have to. Do some things just on my own sometimes, feeling content and happy just being with myself, and not even aware of people around.

4 comments:

Mayank said...

and...hw will i come to dinner? :(
ahhh..thts so bad..
btw, Dal Makhni zaroor banwaana... yahan pat $12 ki hai..and woh bhi itni sadi huee... :)

rahul said...

If you come to dinner, you will have to cook, with your newly acquired cooking skills :)

RDD said...

Dinner ho rahi hai?? Without me??
:(

rahul said...

Rush... You have anyway decided not to come up north! Ab aaoge tabhi to dinner karenge!