Thursday, October 27, 2005

Home sweet home

As i listen to the lilting melody of Kenny G's rendition of "My heart will go on", there is a renewed zest and feeling of general well-being. The music does nothing but stimulate the underlying feeling of excitement, of going home after 6 months. This by far is the longest time i've been away ever.
I shifted (or rather was made to shift) to a different role within HP, in another location, another practice. The desire to leave here for wont of good work is increasing by the day. As soon as it flows over the brim, i will start looking. There is no work as yet, however that never being able to bother me too much, i am awaiting some kind of responsibilities, growth and yes, some overseas travel if at all.
There is a feeling that 9 days shall be too short a time at home, yet there is a fear that i no longer belong there. The journey that my life has begun to undertake does not take the same path my parents intend me to take. The joy is in to be lost and to be found again, by yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

khwabon mein dikhten hai jo khosle,
unke tinke akasar udh jaaya karte hain
makaan tab tak hi ghar kehlaatein hai
jab unmein rehne waale lot aaya karte hain

from
...who else?

Anonymous said...

I guess visits home are now an exercise in nostalgia and to some extent in fond dutifulness.