Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dream what?

As a part of an "active listening aspect of providing feedback" exercise at work today, I was asked to describe my dream home to a colleague while she had to listen "effectively". Everyone else around us in the group were doing the same. As I started describing this I decided that my dream home and my dream holiday should mean the same thing. Things that I therefore included in this description were- a tropical island with the a reef and blue lagoons, a spacious bungalow with lots of sunshine, lovely cool breeze and quiet. Absolutely no clutter, rather a minimalistic sensual design. I added the possibility of a private runway to jet off to the nearest metropolis for some precious city time (being the city boy that I am). I then of course mentioned the quintessential requirement of a domestic help, or few. My colleague offered a stylish Jacuzzi and an entertainment theatre, which I gladly accepted. It was also firmly agreed that all this would be rendered dreamlike only in the presence of family or a partner.
But can a dream house and dream holiday be the same? Well of course they can. For me anyway.

No comments: