Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Music

I associate a lot of memories with music, I guess many of us do. So if there is a song playing somewhere, it reminds of a particular time or mostly, a particular emotional state.
Lets see if I can list some of the music/songs that I associate with things-

"Kehna hee kya" from "Bombay" reminds me of my 10th board exams, feeling of being nervous and confined
"Humma Humma" from the same film reminds me of the absolute fun i had with friends the same year, my first feeling of partying solely with friends and a wild time.
Bryan Adams (particularly "Have you ever really") reminds me of driving through Switzerland, brings back all the visual delight.
Avril Lavigne always makes me feel rebellious and independent, reminds me of the U-rail travel to office in Vienna
Coldplay gets me brooding and questioning and depressed at times, but i still absolutely love it. Reminds me of being alone at night in my room last aug/sept.
"Dil Chahta hai" reminds me of my Rafting trip in 2002, nostalgia of being with friends and tired and content after a great round of rafting on the Ganges.
"Celine Dion - A new day has come" reminds me of being down with typhoid and feeling hopeful and really sick at the same time.
"Robbie Williams - Feel" and "Shakira - Underneath your clothes" remind me of my apartment in Vienna, summer afternoons spent alone, doing nothing much at all.
"Lio - Rapture" so reminds me of the FMS parties, the drunken stupor, the amazing highs and dancing and fun, in a sensual kind of way too.

Hmm...

2 comments:

RDD said...

How dare you forget "Jal"???

rahul said...

Jal doesnt remind me of anything in particular... like it a lot i may.